1.17.2011

blog hop winner and another new card

Hi, everyone! How was your weekend? Wasn't the Hero Hostess Blog Hop FUN?! (Click the link to be taken back to Day 1, in case you missed it.) I'm still trying to put my jaw back together, after being agape all week long! My fellow hostesses are just sooo very talented... it's such an honor to be in their company. :) And thank you all very, very much for your wonderful comments! I read every single one and appreciated them all. xoxo

And now, on to the winner of my giveaway! I let random.org pick the number for me, of course, and the number it picked was.....

random

...and the 86th comment belongs to.....


winner
Congratulations, Sheryl! I'm emailing you today. :)

Now on to a card... This was supposed to be my second card for the blog hop, but shortly after completing it, my hubby got very sick, and I wasn't able to get it photographed in time. However, hubby is now finally on the mend, and I was able to try snapping a few photos for you last week (click to see larger):


I'm sorry they're not the best photos. We've had very little sun for a while now, so the colors aren't exactly true. Plus, the shimmery card stock tends to make the photo look much more granular that it really is. Anyway, this card was inspired by the fab Kristina Werner and all that awesome gel pen faux stitching she does. :) The stamps used are the new Happy Definition and Birthday cling stamps from the 2011 catalog. The definition was stamped tone-on-tone for the background, and the sentiment was heat embossed for shine. I LOVE those definition backgrounds, so I predict this one will see a lot of ink! ;) And I also love the chunky, bold font for the sentiment, too. Great for embossing!


The diecuts were cut on my Cricut Expression and highlighted with some yellow Stickles for sparkle. Nothing like a little sparkle and shine for a birthday greeting, right?! ;)

Thanks so much for reading today! I'll be back soon with another card featuring more 2011 Hero Arts stamps... this time, a more masculine one. Hugs!

SUPPLIES:
stamps - Hero Arts CG269 and CG275
inks - Vivid! (Raspberry) and VersaMark
papers - shimmery pink note card from JoAnn's, Chocolate Chip card stock from SU!, and white card stock is Georgia Pacific
misc - rectangle Nestabilities, American Crafts Chestnut embossing powder, Cricut 'Simply Sweet' and 'Celebrations' cartridges, Stickles, Unibal Signo, and pop dots





2 comments:

gg nurse said...

Great card! I finally got the friends definition stamp and I'm anxious to use it! Glad hubby is on the mend!

SusieQ said...

Lovely stamps & beautiful work, I wish I was as good!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow