6.27.2012

simon says... sporty or patriotic

Hi, friends! Just a quick mention... I've only heard from two of the three winners from my drawing last weekend. Please check this post HERE to see if you're the third! :)

And now, it's time again for another great challenge from the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!


The theme this week is sporty or patriotic, with a focus on Cuttlebug products. I decided to go with a patriotic theme, and therefore the STARS embossing folder, as well:


The red and blue background are strips that were cut and adhered to the sentiment strip, then trimmed on top and bottom to all be even. It's similar to a card I did HERE. I used the Tuly Grateful set from Hero Arts, because this particular sentiment seemed to fit with the theme of my card.

I hope you'll play along with us this week! Just link up your sporty/patriotic/Cuttlebug creations HERE by next Wednesday morning, and you could win a very generous voucher to the wonderful Simon Says Stamp Store! :D


And please go HERE to see what the rest of the fabulous design team has done for the challenge!

Well, I'm still entertaining family... they decided to extend their stay a little bit longer. We're having a great time, while I show them around town. Yesterday it was the zoo! Anyway, thanks for reading... see you soon! :)





14 comments:

Barb said...

Love it, Lisa! Such a fun take on stars and stripes! :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love the CAS design ,,, stunning !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

judy said...

Great card, Lisa! I love the effect of the embossing strip in white and a color strip going horizontally!

cheiron said...

Clean, simple and FABULOUS! Love this card Lisa.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautifully elegant CAS card, Lisa! I really love the subtle touch of sparkle :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Chunyuan said...

fabulous CAS card with blue and red.

Melissa Shea said...

I love this theme! Awesome card Lisa. Love the white embossed starts.

Heather said...

Stunning Lisa, another brilliant CAS card, I do wish I could do this, I'm useless!!! Your design, embossing and your colours are perfect especially with the great sentiment.

hugs Heather xx

Sarah J Moerman said...

FABULOUS card, Lisa! Love the white space withe subtle texture! Just gorgeous!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a brilliant, fabulous card Lisa.
luv
Debby

Ger said...

Fab CAS card! Love the embossing. Ger x.

Melissa Bove said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Lisa!! So elegant!!

(And I do remember you from SNR!) So glad and honored to be with you again!! ;)

hugs...
Melissa

Joy said...

Love love love this card Lisa, the CAS feel is just perfect...hugs

Cris said...

That embossed panel is beautiful! It makes such a great focal point! Lovely card!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow