10.17.2012

simon says... eerie inspiration!

Hi, friends! Back again, with a card for the new Simon Says Stamp challenge!

 
And this one is based on a cool inspiration board, created by none other than my fellow teammie, the fabulous Joy Taylor! Take a look... it's all things eerie and spooky - so many colors and  images... something for everyone:
 
 
Now, I can count on one hand the number of Halloween cards I've ever made... actually, I can count on two fingers the number of Halloween cards I've made. LOL I don't know why. It's not that I mind the holiday all that much, I just don't make/send out cards for it. But, to each his own, right? ;)
 
So instead of a Halloween-themed card, I just made a fun, "any time" card, taking my inspiration from the two center photos on the inspiration board above:


I used the colors from the photo of candies (purple, lime, orange, and black... or as close as I could get), and I also liked the photo next to it, with the arrangement of different sized rosettes, layered over one another... so that's what I did here! :) I used a stamp from the new Simon Says Stamp exclusive "For the Record" stamp set for the sentiment, and let me tell you... those stamps are AH-MAZING. Firm but flexible, take ink like a dream, and stamp super crisp. I was VERY impressed, but not surprised. ;) I can't wait to buy all more of them! ;D

And now, you know the drill... let Joy's awesome collage inspire your project in some way, and then link it up HERE before 8am EST next Wednesday (10-24), and you could win one of these:


...a very generous gift voucher to use at Simon Says Stamp! Just in time to get those holiday projects underway, too. ;)


And of course, don't forget to go HERE to see what the rest of my talented teammates did for this challenge!

Thanks for stopping by and reading today... I hope you were inspired! See you soon. :)

SUPPLIES:










11 comments:

Cris said...

your card is so elegant, Lisa! I just love how you did something totally unexpected with the inspiration board, and it still goes perfectly with it! You are a genius!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) I love the flowers and colours and the sentiment is FAB :-)
Love your interpretation of the board :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

Heather said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, a beautiful image and your colour scheme is stunning!!

hugs
Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, the card you created is so pretty and elegant. I love the colors :) xo

Lin said...

I'm with you on the number of cards I've made for Halloween......just isn't my holiday. This is a great take on the inspiration board, Lisa!

MS said...

So pretty! I love the colors and stamp layering!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! Love how you used those fun colours :)

Beate said...

Lisa, I LOVE this card! Gorgeous.
Hugs and smiles

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful CAS card, Lisa! The gemstones are the perfect touch! :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! Love the bright colors against the black!!

hugs...

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow