1.23.2013

simon says... let's get paper piecing!

Hola, peeps! Once again, there's another challenge starting up at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog...


..where a fabulous gift voucher awaits one lucky participant!


The theme this week is Paper Piecing! Looove me some fussy cutting and paper piecing! :D The product line we all used is Lily Bee Designs, so if YOU have an Lily Bee, we'd love it if you'd show us on your projects! But of course, it's not mandatory to enter the challenge.

So, like I said, I looove fussy cutting... and this is just how much:

Yep. Every single heart was hand-cut. And yes, I am actually that crazy, HA! I stamped the hearts from Lawn Fawn's Belinda's Borders on to my card base with black ink. Then stamped them again with the same ink on a few coordinating papers from Lily Bee's Handmade 6x6 paper pad. Then I cut and adhered them randomly over the stamped images on the base. Time consuming, yes... but I definitely love the results! :) And "You're Special" is from the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler set... I thought it went PERFECTLY, with its whimsical font, and versatile sentiment. I figured with the hearts, the sentiment could read like a Valentine! :)

Anyway, time to see YOUR paper-pieced projects! Just upload HERE, by 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 30th), and you could be the random winner of that awesome gift voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp!


And don't forget to go HERE to see other paper-pieced wonders made by my fellow teammies... amazing work!

Thanks for reading today.. OH! I know I said I would announce the winners from my Hero Hostess Hop drawing yesterday... so very sorry about that. Stay tuned for that announcement later today. The days just got away from me. :)

See ya later! ♥





18 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

Sometimes a Mom just does crazy things!..fussy cutting can be like therapy:)
LOVE those hearts!

Jingle said...

I love this! The hearts look fabulous!

Barb said...

Cutting is relaxing for me too, Lisa - love that you took the time to cut all those hearts - the end result is fabulous!

Jeanette M. said...

Wow, all those hearts were hand cut? Amazing! I love cutting too, but find the smaller items a little tricky sometimes...

Glenda J said...

This is fabulous! Love the CAS design, heart chains and fabulous colours.

Stephanie said...

Oh my! I Can't believe you cut all those hearts! But it was worth it because this is gorgeous!!

Lin said...

SO worth the trouble, my friend, this is a real standout!

Miriam Prantner said...

Holy smokes, you are crazy! That is fantastic....must've taken hours!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow! Lisa, I'd say it's worth the work because it turned out so beautiful!! I love the multi colored hearts! :)

pcm said...

wow, that's patience!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) I love the hearts ,, so pretty !! This must have taken ages, but so well worth it ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

A stunning card Lisa, your background is brilliant with your multi-patterned hearts.

hugs
Heather xx

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card Lisa! Love all of those sweet hearts!!

hugs...

debby4000 said...

Brilliant and fabulous card Lisa.
luv
Debby

Joy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the simplicity..hugs

Crystalena82 said...

Good luck, Lisa! That is a fantastic card! Love it! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Kelly Booth said...

WOW!!! that's a lot of Cutting...but Such a Great Card.....Love it Lisa! xoxoxo

Jacqui Blondel said...

Must admit, don't mind fussy cutting myself. Can be very relaxing and very enjoyable. Not sure about cutting tiny things like those hearts. It looks gorgeous though

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow