4.24.2013

simon says... anything goes!

Hi, friends! It's Wednesday... time for another Simon Says Stamp challenge! :)


This week's theme: Anything Goes! Always a favorite. :) And the featured product line this week is Impression Obsession... also a favorite! I LOVE their large background stamps that can cover an entire card front, no matter the orientation. If you have any Impression Obsession in your stash, we'd love to see it used on your creations, too! But if not, it's not a requirement for the challenge. :) Here's my card that features the trendy HERRINGBONE PATTERN:


I know, not the most creative use of the image. ;) But with all that gold embossing (I used Ranger's SUPERFINE DETAIL GOLD embossing powder), it's pretty shiny in real life, so I decided to keep it simple. 
 
The faux wax seal-type embellishment in the flower center was created by first punching out a circle of card stock, pressing it into my VersaMark pad, and then heat embossing several layers of Ranger's REGULAR GOLD embossing powder (melt the EP.. quickly dip back into the EP.. heat it again.. repeat). Then, after about the fifth layer of EP, and while the melted powder was still molten, I used the end of a medallion-border stamp from THIS SET (by Hero Arts) to stamp in the center. Leave it for a minute or two for the EP to set, et voilĂ ... a faux wax seal. :)  

 
This card was inspired by my hubby's grandparents, who are celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary in a couple months! I know it's the 50th that's considered the 'golden anniversary', but did you know that the official gift list only goes up to the 60th?! What do you get the couple that has been married for SEVENTY YEARS?? My hubby and I will celebrate our 20th this year, and I'm pretty sure that's gotta qualify him for some kind of sainthood, let alone another 50! LOL ;) Wow... that's just amazing to me...!!
 
Anyway, ramblings aside... now it's your turn! Upload your project HERE before next Wednesday (May 1st) at 8am EST US, and you could win a very generous gift voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp!
 
 
And don't forget to check out what the rest of my amazing teammates did for this challenge... just click HERE!
 
That's it for me... thanks for reading, and I will see you soon! :)
 
 





14 comments:

Lin said...

You have the best ideas, Lisa! Love this design and your "wax" seal makes it even more special!

Barb said...

The gold embossed background looks amazing, Lisa and I love your beautiful flower with the fun wax seal!

Laura Sterckx said...

Lisa, this is such a fab card! I love all the golden accents to it! That background is so pretty!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) the gold embossing is gorgeous and the gold seal is lovely :-)
70 years ! WOW! Congratulations to them ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Dixie Cochran said...

A stunning card for a fabulous milestone! WOW! 70 years! Love that!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning card, Lisa! This gold is beyond brilliant!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Heather said...

A stunning card Lisa, your gold herringbone is beautiful and I love the details.

hugs
Heather xx

Carol L said...

I never would have thought to emboss the panel with gold and use it for the main focal point, but it works beautifully! It screams celebrate! NJ!

donna mikasa said...

Gold herringbone? Gorgeous! Love your faux metal embellishment, too.

Jingle said...

Oh, wow! The herringbone looks amazing! Great card!

Lisa - papergrace said...

Love the gold herringbone! So elegant, Lisa. Beautiful card...as *always*. :) xoxo

Scrapthat said...

Ooo I do love the BG! Great work! TFS

maria f. said...

We celebrate 20 too this year! Love your "wax seal" that you added.

Melissa Bove said...

Such a fabulous card Lisa!! Love the gold herringbone!!

hugs....

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow