4.10.2013

simon says... april showers and/or spring flowers

Howdy, friends! How are you today? :) I'm doing well... it's the middle of the week and pretty soon, the weekend will be here. Yay!

Meanwhile, there's a new challenge going over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog, so let's get to it, shall we?


As always, your participation could win you a FABulous gift voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp! Who doesn't love shopping?! ;)


The theme for this week's challenge is April Showers and/or Spring Flowers. Reminds me of the all-too familiar, silly grade school joke that I'm highly tempted to tell now, but I'll spare you. LOL ;) Anywho, showers/flowers is the theme, and Hero Arts is the highlighted product line! This challenge was right up my alley... flowers and Hero - two favorites! Here's my card...


I know it's not a very spring-y color scheme, but the flowers still count, right? Even if they're black? I can't help it... I made three cards with this stamp, but this was by far my fave of the bunch. :)

With the exception of the Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, Everything is Hero Arts. I used BLACK LAYERING PAPER for my card base, which I lovelovelove! I stamped the THANK YOU DEFINITION with the new CHARCOAL ink, and then heat embossed the EVERYTHING FLOWER over that with black embossing powder. I used a sponge to swirl on the Worn Lipstick, which is such a great, vibrant, rosey-red. A bold sentiment from the MADE WITH LOVE set, a black button, some pearls, and it's good to go!

So now you're up! Make a project that features spring showers or flowers, and link it up HERE, by 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 17th). Please be sure to include in a link back to the Simon Says Stamp challenge itself, found HERE, in your blog/gallery post as well. And who knows? You could win that amazing voucher to spend at Simon! :D

And please stop by HERE to see what my fellow teammates did for this challenge, too! If you're a Hero Arts fan, you will LOVE them all for sure!


Thanks for reading today! See you soon. :)

**Since clearing my desk after working on this project, I've realised that the background stamp I used is actually the HAPPY DEFINITION, and not the Thank You Definition like originally stated. I originally intended to use the Thank You since that's the theme of the card, but apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention to the actual text when grabbing my stamp. Heehee! Sorry for any confusion. :) **





11 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Lisa! :) I love the big flowers! They look so pretty!

Jingle said...

Wow! Utterly fantastic! This is just so gorgeous!

Lin said...

Just gorgeous in these colors, Lisa....I've been back and forth on buying this stamp; I think you just tipped me over the line!

Lorraine A said...

Oh WOW !! what a stunner !! I love this card Lisa ,, soo pretty and the bright red and black is FAB !
I love the text stamped background too ,,, a lovely collage effect :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Lisa - papergrace said...

Stunning card, Lisa!! I love the pink (worn lipstick) and black together. It's so very striking. A very graphic, bold, and BEAUTIFUL card. And I love it!! ♥

Kelly Booth said...

Goooooooorgeous!!!!

Heather said...

I love this stunning Lisa, a wonderful colour scheme - your stamping on the text and the sponged flowers is beautiful!!

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous punch of color on the black and white card, Lisa! Love it!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card and so striking.
luv
Debby

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card Lisa!! Love those pretty flowers and the fab color combo!!

hugs...

Kelly Latevola said...

Black flowers are still flowers :) and these are just beautiful! Love the design Lisa!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow