5.13.2012

a card a day in may - 5/13: THINKING OF YOU

Hi, friends! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I know my post is REALLY late... sorry about that. It's 11:30pm here, so I'm getting this in just under the wire! ;) The card I originally planned to show you today was for a special post that I recently learned I'm just not allowed to put up yet. So I had to hurry up and race home (we've been out & about all afternoon/evening) and get another one photographed to put up in its place. Whew! :)


This was made with another Impress image that I just LOVE! It's a huge stamp... pretty much covers the entire front of a card when left whole! Here, I used Punch chalk ink and stamped off on some scrap paper first, then on my card stock. It's that generation stamping again. ;) I wanted the flower to have the same Punch ink color, but not be so intense that the sentiment had to compete with it. Generation stamping fixes that. :) After stamping my flower, I stamped the sentiment, and then trimmed around the whole thing. A black border punch on one side balances out the heavy sentiment.

See you again tomorrow! Can you believe I'm almost at the half-way point?! I know, me either! LOL Thanks for peekin'... inky hugs!

SUPPLIES
paper: Hero Arts Mixed Layering Papers (blush), Georgia Pacific (wht), and JoAnn's (blk)
stamps: Impress Chrysanthemum Solid and Hero Arts CL491
inks: Hero Arts (punch) and Memories (blk)
other: Stampin' Up scallop border punch and pop dots





6 comments:

A Blog Named Hero said...

Beeeeeautiful!! Just so striking!
xxoxo

Joy said...

Love love love this card, the simplicity of this card is so super elegant..love and hugs

LauraJane:) said...

Nice one Lisa! I was wondering what to do with a HEAVY sentiment...your black punch border really did the balance trick.

judy said...

Such a lovely card, Lisa! I really
love your CAS style!!

cheiron said...

This is so sweet! I love the idea of the momma and baby hearts!

Cris said...

Loving all your card a day creations! Stunning! This one is a beauty! Seriously! Love that bold image and sentiment! Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow