5.02.2012

a card a day in may - 5/2: SMILE

Hello, again! A couple weeks ago, I polled all of my crafty friends over on Twitter, asking if they blog every single project they make, or just the ones they feel are the most "blog-worthy". In case you didn't know, I happen to fall in the latter category. ;) But, I wanted to hear others' views on the subject, and was actually surprised by the 50/50 response. Most interesting was a comment made by my friend Jennifer McGuire, who said that she thinks it's great to just blog them all... because even if I don't like a particular card, someone else will. And that really resonated with me. Enough so, that it inspired me to do something different here on my blog.....

Therefore, I bring you, A Card A Day In May! :) I decided that for one month, I would blog a card every day: the good, the bad, and the what-was-I-thinking. LOL They may not all be newly made, the point is just to post a different card every day for 30 days. And if you've read my blog a while, you know that this is HUGE for me. I'm sooo not a daily blogger. But I really wanted to challenge myself in this area and thought this might be a cool idea. Who knows... maybe it will stick! LOL

Since yesterday's ABNH Topsy Turvy challenge blog post counts as my first card of the month (5/1), here's today's:


I knew as soon as I saw this set (Hero Arts CL491) that this particular sentiment would look GREAT color-blocked. So that's what I did: just stamp the image on a few scraps of paper, piece them all together, and voilá! Since the image is so bold, I went with a bold black mat, too. This particular card happens to be an older one, and one that I really like. ;)

Alrighty Aphrodite... thanks for bearing with all my ramblings, and I guess I'll see you tomorrow with another card! :)

SUPPLIES
stamps: Hero Arts CL491
ink: Memories black
paper unknown (miscellaneous scraps)
other: Hero Arts pearls, pop dots





18 comments:

Sandi said...

Lisa you make me smile too:) Great Job!

Nancy K said...

I like your resolve to blog a card a day this month, this one seriously makes me smile! The color blocking is such trendy fun!

Linda said...

Love love lOve love love!!!

Lin said...

This is a great idea, Lisa! Love your idea for a CAS card using this sentiment (one of my faves)

Barb said...

What a neat card, Lisa! I love the pretty colors and fun way you used the sentiment! I'm looking forward to your cards this month! :)

cheiron said...

This make me smile. How creative to color block! I am looking forward to a month of your cards whether you love them or not-I am sure I will :)

Kelly Latevola said...

Love this clean and simple beauty! I'm excited to see your card a day. I'm willing to bet even the "what was I thinking" ones are good :)

donna mikasa said...

I'd never think to do that with the sentiment--simply gorgeous! Good luck with a card a day! Can't wait to get my daily fix! =)

Anonymous said...

This is so fun and cute Lisa! I love what you did with the sentiment! Love the idea of a card a day and can't wait to see more :)

Cris said...

LOVE this card! It's fun, cute, it's an adorable card!

Unknown said...

Lisa, I love this card!!! It's just clean & simple...yet so eyecatching and fun! Great job! :)

judy said...

Very striking card, Lisa! I am really looking forward to your card a day posts!!

Tina said...

Wow, Lisa! Your card is so beautiful. Look forward to all the cards in May...

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love the color blocking with the bold sentiment and black mat. Awesome card!

ThePurplePlace said...

Wonderful card and I LOVE your card a day idea! :)

GOOD LUCK!!

Jana said...

Brilliant idea! I would never have known how to use that stamp

Winnie said...

Great card. I popped over here from twitter after Jennifer McGuire linked you. Awesome color blocking! I haven't tried it..Thanks for the inspiration.

Melissa Shea said...

I missed this intro post! I think it's a great idea! Love the reason behind card a day!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow