7.11.2012

simon says... let's get fruity

Hi, friends! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far and staying cool... it's definitely a hot one this year (I lived in Arizona most of my life, and I know "hot")! I despise the heat, but one thing about summer that I DO love is yummy summertime produce! Which leads me to the newest challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog...


..this week, the theme is all about getting fruity!


I love cherries! LOVE them. So I thought this "Cherries" cling from Hero Arts would be perfect. I colored the background with Prismacolor pencils and Memento markers. But for the larger cherries, I decided to do some paper piecing, and popped the pieces up with pop dots.


The bright colors and of course the cherries just feel so summery to me. What do you think? :) So now it's your turn... what does "get fruity" mean to you? Be sure to link up your creations HERE by next week, and you'll be in the drawing for a very generous gift voucher...


..to the Simon Says Stamp store!


Also, the latest Online Card Class called "Stretch Your Stamps" started on Monday, and HOLY SMOKES-! Just three days in and already sooo many incredible ideas... hope to see you there! :) Thanks for reading!

SUPPLIES:








18 comments:

Jingle said...

Such a sweet card! I love it!

Lin said...

Love these bright colors, Lisa and seeing that stamp again; must get it out again for "the season"!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love the image and bright summery colours ,, absolutely fabulous !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous card Lisa. The background colouring is amazing and the the dark frame really sets it off.

Melissa Shea said...

Yummo! I love cherries too! My hubs is from Grand Junction and they have the BEST cherries in Palisade! I can't even try the ones at the local big box stores anymore! Gorgeous card, now I need me some cherries!

cheiron said...

I love cherries! What a fun card and love the colors too...the coloring is so pretty, I thought it was patterned paper when I first saw it!

Danielle said...

This card screams summer! I love the bright cheerful colors. And cherries are one of my favorite summer fruits :)

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card Lisa! Love the bright happy colours :)

Heidi Crowl said...

It's a perfectly happy and cheerful card Lisa! Thanks so much for your hard work! Your attention to detail is remarkable and we appreciate ou sharing our talent with us!!

Jo Nevill said...

Love your bright and colourful card !

Hugs,

Jo x

Heather said...

Such a fabulous cheerful card, great image and I love those papers.

hugs Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! I love the colors and the added dimension!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

donna mikasa said...

Cherry-licious! Love the fresh, summery colors!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card Lisa! I didn't realize that was a stamp!! I thought it was patterned paper! Awesome job!!

hugs...
Melissa

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! I love your colors and mix of stamps!!!

Tina said...

Wow, Lisa. Gorgeous and yummy card - just love how you colored this image.

Kelly Latevola said...

Okay your coloring is seriously amazing lady! I totally love the fact that you used an older stamp and made it look completely trendy!! Plus it's super cute :)

Cris said...

What a fun card! so sweet, love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow