7.04.2012

simon says... a tag or ATC

Howdy, and a Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans! :) Wow, can you believe we're already into July? Where has the year gone? I seriously need a PAUSE button, ha!

Well, it's Wednesday, and time for another challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! :)


This one is all about making a tag or ATC, and we were asked to use Tim Holtz products on our creations. With the exception of the Distress Inks, I don't have a lot of other Timmy products (*gasp* I know.. must fix, ASAP). But I do have the awesome Psychedelic Grunge stamp set, so I used that:


I've never made an ATC before, so I went with a tag... which turned into two, since the first one came together so quickly! :) However, they both employ the same technique:
  1. sponge Distress Inks all over a glossy card stock tag
  2. pick a stamp, & mist it with water instead of inking it up
  3. stamp your tag, & then watch the image appear like magic!
It's a very cool technique. One I should really do more often! My daughters have already called "dibs" on these to use as bookmarks for their summer reading selections. :)

Now it's your turn! Create your tag or ATC (using Timmy products not required, but definitely encouraged), and link it up HERE, by 7am EST next Wednesday (7-11-12), and you'll be in the running for a generous voucher from sweet Heidi...


..to shop at Simon Says Stamp!


And please be sure to see what my wonderful design teamies have made for this challenge... WOWZA!

To those that are celebrating tonight, please be safe. :) Thanks for peekin' today. See you soon!









20 comments:

diana said...

Wow, great technique and love the DI colors here. TFS ;-)

Barb said...

Another "WOW" from me, Lisa! These tags are stunning! You used one of my fave techniques, and the black stamping is so striking against these beautiful, soft shades! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Happy 4th to you! :)

Lin said...

They are GORGEOUS, Lisa!! Those citrus-y colors are wonderful - love, love, love them!

Melissa Shea said...

I love playing with tags! I might take a mission to get you more TH products! They don't have to be brown/grungy/too many layers LOL! I love the colors that you put down, and that little black scalloped piece. Really beautiful tags Lisa :)

Lucille K said...

Wonderful, colorful tags Lisa. perfect :)

Jingle said...

These are SO gorgeous! I love the colors and they are so beautifully made!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous tags Lisa and I am not surprised they have been snapped up already !! Gorgeous colours and the water stamping looks absolutely fantastic ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

They are both fabulous Lisa, stunning colours and I love your technique leaving such beautiful results.

hugs Heather xx

Sarah J Moerman said...

These are FABULOUS tags, Lisa! LOVE the colors and the technique you used. I should do that one more often too.

Joy said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!! you amaze me with your talent, this really is stunning and some wonderful techniques...thanks for thinking of me and always being there, love you! hugs!

donna mikasa said...

Such yummy tags, Lisa! Love this technique and the gorgeous colors, too!

Melissa Bove said...

Absolutely fabulous tags Lisa!! The colors are amazing!! Love these!!

hugs...

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful pair of tags, Lisa! I love the scalloped edge on the one and the black pearls in the flowers are a nice pop!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

cheiron said...

All I can say is AMAZING! Love the colors of these and the bold pop of black!

Kelly Latevola said...

Lisa these look AMAZING! I love the bright colors you used, and of course the magic trick is super cool! Your talent knows no boundaries my friend :)

Karen M said...

Your tags are totally gorgeous and I just love how you made them! x x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your refreshing color scheme. Blessings!

Marlena M. said...

Those pops of color married with the touches of black are PERFECTION!

Tina said...

They are so beautiful and thanks for sharing the techique tips.

Cris said...

This tags are AMAZING! What a great effect! Love them!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow