9.12.2012

simon says... we're so trendy!

Hi there, friends! Time for another challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! :)


This week, the challenge is all about trends... specifically, neon, hexagons, and chevron patterns:

Fun stuff! I chose to use a chevron pattern on my card:


Another trend you seem to see a lot these days is anything sunny: rays, "sunshine" sentiments... so I decided to incorporate that into my design, too. And with the tide card base, it reminds me of the sun is in the sky. :) Anyway, just a little emboss resist and sponging with some distress inks here. I used a Copic marker to highlight my sentiment and help tie in the tide/pool color as well.

Check out what the rest of my fabulous teammates did for this challenge HERE!

And now, your turn: use either neon, hexagon, or chevron (or all three!) on your project and upload it HERE by 8 AM EST next Wednesday, and you'll be in the drawing for a super generous gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp superstore!


And speaking of drawings for gift vouchers, ;) I'll be announcing my winner from last week's STAMPtember blog hop drawing, as well as the grand prize winner from the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog here just as soon as I am able. A few technicalities to take care of first, but stay tuned! I appreciate your patience. :)

Thanks for reading today and for your lovely comments! I hope you have a fabulous day! ♥



SUPPLIES:








17 comments:

Jingle said...

Absolutely awesome card! Just fabulous!

LauraJane:) said...

Great highlighted sentiment and sponging:)

walchowDesign said...

Great resisting result on your sunshine, Lisa!

Mandy said...

Fabulous CAS card Lisa :)
hugs Mandy xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love how you made a 'sunshine' ,, very creative and FAB !! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

MS said...

Beautiful design! I love the blue outline on the sentiment :) I hope you are well :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! I love the clean lines and the pretty gems :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Lisa! I LOVE the design and colors!

Heather said...

Such stunning colours Lisa, a fantastic CAS design and I love the gorgeous sentiment banner!!
hugs
Heather xx

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful color combo and I love the CAS design!

Melissa Bove said...

Super FABULOUS card Lisa!! Love this!!

hugs...

Marlena M. said...

This really POPS~I love it!

cheiron said...

So fun and HAPPY! Love what you have done with the sentiment too :)

Tina said...

Lisa, this card is so special. Love the bright colors and highlighted sentiment.

Laurel Beard said...

I LOVE THIS!

Lin said...

Once again, you've shown off you own elegant style using trendy elements, Lisa - love your idea to use these complementary colors! Just love this design, and how it ties into the sentiment, too!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lisa!

Love
Maarit

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow