11.28.2012

simon says... anything goes!

Hello, hello! I hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :) It's time for another challenge over at Simon Says Stamp!


Don't forget! Your participation could land you a $50 gift voucher to spend in the Simon Says Stamp superstore... so c'mon and play along! :)


This week's challenge is Anything Goes... always a favorite. :) And the featured product line the team used is Martha Stewart. If you have any Martha Stewart products, we'd love to see them used! I absolutely LOVE her tools. From the can't-live-without-it score board, to her incredibly easy to use circle cutter, to the vast array of punches... I use at least one of her tools every time I sit down to make a card!



On this one, I used the three tools mentioned above... the punch being the gorgeous Royal Butterfly. The circle and the punch are obvious, but the scoring is much harder to pick up. Perhaps a close up shot? :)



I love to use scoring as a design element... it adds a little somethin' extra visually, without adding any bulk or weight. Also, I scored the body of the butterfly, too, in order to give it some definition from the wings, and to make it easier to fold cleanly when popping up the wings.

So... ready, set, create! Upload your project HERE by 8am EDT next Wednesday (the 5th... of DECEMBER... holy moly), and you may just win yourself a shopping spree, courtesy of the generous folks over at Simon Says Stamp. :)


And please be sure to go HERE to see what the rest of the DT has made for this challenge... umm, GORGEOUS!

Thanks for reading today. See you soon! ♥





16 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! Love your design with the big circle! The pops of red look fabulous too!

Jingle said...

Lisa, this is just stunning! Gorgeous color combination and impeccable design!

Marlena M. said...

This is lovely~wonderful pops of color!

Sue McRae said...

Love this colour combo and CAS design.

Beate said...

Fantastic layout and card. LOVE it!
Hugs and smiles

Lin said...

Another classic Lisa card! I never think to score as a design element - thanks for the reminder!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card Lisa!! So very modern and elegant! Love it!!

hugs...

Heather said...

A fabulous card Lisa, stunning colours and brilliant with that splash of red.

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! I love the color combo and the light thank you definition stamped in the background!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

MS said...

Beautiful! Your designs are so professional looking. Like you know what you're doing :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-)the whole design is stunning and I love the ides to score the butterfly too, it looks FAB ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Carol L said...

Your card is a fabulous CAS design, and I may have to case it to make cards for OWH! I love the scoring and text with a little red butterfly! Cute!

LauraJane:) said...

The scoring adds so much! Thanks for sharing:)

Jo Nevill said...

Your card is just gorgeous, I love the circle with the test. Super.

Hugs

Jo x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the way you added a splash of color to your neutral color scheme with the punched butterfly and gems. I love Martha Stewart products too, and use them often. Blessings!

Bonnie said...

I never thought to score the body of the punched butterfly! What a great idea! I love the peaceful simplicity of this card! Beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow