12.05.2012

simon says... snowflakes

Hi, friends! Back again this week with another Simon Says Stamp challenge card!


Hope you're able to play along with us this week... you could win a generous gift voucher to spend in the Simon Says Stamp store! :D


And the challenge this week is... snowflakes! I LOVE snowflakes! Paper, stamps, dies... I've built quite the collection over the years, hee! ;) The featured product line the team used this week is Glitter Ritz, which is an AH-MAZING glitter! Really, really super fine - the finest I've ever used. And just stunning! So, if you have any Glitter Ritz products, let's see it! But of course it's not mandatory for entering the challenge. Anyway, my card for this challenge features the Let It Snowflake die set from My Favorite Things, and Glitter Ritz's Stardust Opaque glitter:


I'm sorry it's not the best photo... I had a lot of trouble with my lighting for some reason. Plus, this is one of those, "it looks better in person" kind of cards. LOL Glitter is just so tricky to photograph! Anyway, I used the largest die in the set to cut out the accent snowflake, covered it with two-way glue, and then applied the glitter, which is a lovely silver shade - almost antiqued looking! The medium and small snowflake dies were used to deboss along the card front. Then I used my Sakura Quickie glue pen to trace along the debossed "channels" of the smallest snowflake, and added more glitter. I love the way it all sparkles! And the Wet Cement shadow ink by Hero Arts is the perfect shade of to compliment the Stardust. :)

Alright, that's it from me... now it's your turn! Upload your snowflake project HERE by 8am EST US Wednesday morning (the 12th), and that $50 gift voucher could be yours! An don't forget to click HERE to see what my fellow teammies made... beautiful projects! :)

 
 
Thanks for reading today, and for your wonderful comments... can't tell you how grateful I am for that! Hope you have a great week, and see you soon. ♥





13 comments:

Lin said...

Gorgeous, as always, Lisa - love the debossed snowflakes - great idea!

Barb said...

Such beautiful colors, Lisa! Gorgeous card! :)

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Lisa! So elegant!!

hugs...

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love the blue/silver combo and the beautiful snowflakes and the silvery grey sentiment is perfect too ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! I love the shade of blue & the silver on it really POPS! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

MS said...

Lisa!!! Completely gorgeous as everything your crafty little fingers touch! I love it!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Lisa, stunning colours and I love how you have debosssed the snowflakes and gorgeous with the silver glittering.

hugs
Heather xx

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! Great techniques!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, the silver snowflakes look so pretty against the blue
hugs Mandy xx

Kelly Booth said...

Such a Pretty Card Lisa!! Don't you LOVE that Glitter Ritz?? I just Can't get enough of it......xo

Beate said...

Lisa, your snowflake card is beautiful! I love the white sentiment strips and the silver snowflakes. The embossed snowflake images are the perfect finishing touch!
Hugs and smiles

Tina said...

Such a darling card. Totally love the colors and dry embossed snowflakes in the BG. Dis you cut your die apart?
Hugs!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Blue and silver is so striking.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow