12.12.2012

simon says... what's your favorite?

Hiya, peeps! Ready for Christmas yet? I am most definitely NOT. LOL Really, really behind this year. So I should just skip the mumbo-jumbo and get right to the post, then, ha!

Time for a new challenge at Simon Says Stamp! :D


And as always, your entry into the challenge could win you a generous gift voucher to spend at the store, courtesy of the wonderful Heidi, and everyone at Simon!


This week's challenge is "What's your favorite..?" and that "fave" could be a stamp, a tool, a product... whatever! Here's my card with many of my faves:


My favorite style is CAS, my favorite white card stock for card CAS card bases is Hero's Snow Layering Papers, one of my favorite stamp lines is Hero Arts, and one of my favorite tools is my Milwaukee heat tool. Oh, and the bling! Bling is ABSOLUTELY a fave! ;)

Anyway, this stamp may be from last year, but it's one of my favorites come holiday time because it's such a simple yet striking image. Being a large reverse silhouette image makes for quick & easy mass production cards with just some one-pass stamping covering a lot of card front real estate. Or, if you've got the time, the reverse silhouette images are also perfect for technique-driven cards... gradient inking/stamping, emboss resist, etc. Here, I just simply embossed the image with silver EP. It was hard to get a good picture, because the large amount of EP wanted to reflect my lamps like a mirror. LOL Anyway, it's super simple, but very dramatic and shiny in real life. :)

Didn't I say enough chit-chat? ;) Your turn! Make a project using something that is a favorite of yours, upload it HERE before 8am EST USA next Wednesday (the 19th), and you could win that $50 gift voucher I mentioned earlier! And of course, head HERE to see what the rest of my fabulous teammates have made for this challenge... so fun to see everyone's "favorites". :)

Until next time, thank you for reading and for your lovely comments that always mean so much. See you soon! xx






14 comments:

Jingle said...

Lisa, this is so beautiful! Love it!

Barb said...

Lisa, that stamp looks so gorgeous in silver! Beautiful card!

LauraJane:) said...

SILVERY GOODNESS!!

Lin said...

Just beautifully done, Lisa! One of my fave stamps, too!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love the silver embossing and the little red bird and gems add a perfect splash of colour :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

Beautiful Lisa, a gorgeous image and your silver embossing is sensational!!
hugs
Heather xx

Jo Nevill said...

Super shiny card ! Love the image you have used and it looks fantastic heat embossed - love how the bird is red too - very striking.

Hugs

Jo x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Fabulous card, Lisa! I love the silver and pretty POP of red!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Melissa Bove said...

So beautiful Lisa!! Love the shimmer on it! Beautiful design too!!

hugs...

Carol L said...

I can see why this is a favorite of yours! Those white trees against the silver background look great together, and then there's that bright red cardinal! It all works beautifully together!

maria f. said...

No kidding simple but striking. Lovely image and it looks so classy heat embossed.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! Love the silver! Such a stunning CAS card :)

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - an absolutely stunning silver card - the red cardinal really pops - again I say, wow!! Thanks so much for your visit... much appreciated.
Alison x

Katy said...

Wow! I love how you used the embossing powder! A beautiful card! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow