1.30.2013

simon says... anything goes!

Hello, friends! Another Wednesday... time for another challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!


As always, a huuuge gift voucher will go to one randomly-drawn participant to spend at the Simon Says Stamp superstore!


This week's theme? Anything Goes! Yep, whatever your little crafty heart desires. :) The DT was asked to showcase Penny Black on our creations, so if you have any PB in your stash, too, we'd sure love to see it! But of course, it's not mandatory for entering the challenge. :)

So, here's my card:

I love this Dreamy flower stamp! It's so whispy and delicate! Here, I simply heat embossed it on to white card stock with white EP, and sponged some distress inks over the top for a quick resist.

For the card base underneath, I sponged the same colors along either side, and then I misted the Fanciful border image with plain ol' water and stamped. The Distress inks react with the water, and as it dries, you're left with an almost bleached look. LOVE this technique!

Alright, ready.. set.. GO! Upload your creation HERE by 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 6th), and you could be drawn to win that amazing voucher to the store!


And please be sure to go HERE to see what the rest of the design team has done for this challenge... AMAZING!

That's it from me today. Thank you for reading... see you soon! :)





22 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! I love the purple and green together, it's such a soothing color combination.

Lin said...

I love how you used the colors around the flower, Lisa, don't think I've ever tried that; but I will now! And your water stamping is perfect! Love these colors together, too! As always, a beautiful creation, my friend!

Sue McRae said...

That is one gorgeous card Lisa! Love the colours and the subtle background stamping!

Jingle said...

The inking on this is utterly fantastic! I love it! Gorgeous work!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! This is amazing Lisa!! The most FABULOUS card Ever!! So very pretty!! Great technique, my friend!!

hugs...

Lorraine A said...

oh WOW !! this is absolutely stunning Lisa ,,, LOVE it !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa, this is beautiful!

Heather said...

A beautiful card Lisa, gorgeous colours and your embossing and kinking of the stunning image is amazing!!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Kelly Booth said...

Hello GORGEOUS!!! Wow...love this card it is just soooooo Pretty!! xoxo

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous air-brushed look, Lisa!! Really loving this!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

MS said...

dainty indeed! Gorgeous stamping and colors!

Riette said...

Oh my this is perfection. Haven't done embossing & shading in a while! Just LOVE those colors!
Hugs
Riette

Sarah - Crea S said...

What cheerfull colors! With this rain, we can use lots of this!
Thnaks for your comment!

Tetcha Simmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Lisa - I was at the Simon Says blog and had to pop over to say GORGEOUS CARD! Love the colors and the use of this particular technique with your image - both in the focal panel and the custom background paper. Simply beautiful!

lynda said...

I came over here from Simon Says to tell you how much I like your card. I was surprised to read that you stamped the border with water. That's a new technique to me. Thanks for the inspiration!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the colours!

Inkypinkydelights said...

I love the rainbow effect of this card. Thanks for your kind words on my Blog today too. Judy x

Marlena M. said...

Oh wow! This is so inspiring Lisa~I've never tried stamping with water on distress inks...I can't wait to try it! This looks amazing!

Cathy said...

This is a stunning card Lisa, think I need to put that stamp set on my wishlist! The colours are gorgeous, will have to try that technique, TFS :)

Lisa - papergrace said...

This is STUNNING!! Love this card, the colors, the effect. Absolutely gorgeous. <3

Unknown said...

I love this card, the choice of the colours is gorgeous, the stamp is fine and the global effect is just great!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow