2.06.2013

simon says... have a heart!

Hi, friends! It's hump-day.. time for another challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!


A $50 gift voucher could be yours, just for playing along!


The theme this week is "Have a Heart"... just in time for Valentine's Day. ;) All of us on the DT createdour projects with the Simon Says Stamp Exclusive line of stamps and dies. If YOU have any of the Simon Says Stamp exclusives in YOUR stash, show us! We'd love to see! But, as always, it's not mandatory you use them to enter the challenge. :)

Anyway, on to my card:

My Valentine is going to be for my hubby, and he is a verrry NO FUSS, NO FRILLS kinda guy. LOL ;) It makes it easy that his favorite colors are black and red, but I needed to keep everything else really simple and masculine. First, I used my digital die-cut machine to cut out the heart, then ran that through my manual die-cutter with Simon's ALWAYS On The Edge wafer die. I specifically cut my heart at this size, so that when I positioned it and ran the die through, it would cut the heart all the way across. I then put pop dots on the bottom half, lined up the positives of the letters with the negatives, and adhered the bottom portion to my card base.

The result is a slightly off-set look, for something a little different. :) I stamped the sentiment, which is from Simon's exclusive FOR THE RECORD stamp set, on the top portion of the diecut, and filled in the heart with black Enamel Accents. It gives the little heart a kinda shiny, leathery texture... perfect! Something else was still missing, so I did a little faux stitching around the heart at the last minute. Not sure how well it works, but it's on there now. LOL :)

Anyway, now it's your turn! Create your project with heart (heehee), and link it up HERE, by 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 13th - and don't forget to link the the Simon Says Challenge blog, too), and that generous gift voucher could be yours.


And of course, please stop by HERE to see what my fellow teamies have made for this challenge! One word: LOVE! :D

Alrighty folks, thanks for reading. See you soon! xo





15 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Love your use of the Always die, so creative!

Lin said...

What a perfect Valentine for a guy (I think most of them are like yours; I know mine is!) I'm betting this card is going to be CASEd a bunch! Well done, as always, Lisa!

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC Card Lisa!!!! I absolutely love it!

Heather said...

A fabulous CAS card Lisa, perfect for a 'Man' card and I love how you cut the die.

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! What a super cool technique and gorgeous outcome, Lisa! TFS!! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Cristina said...

Awesome. And the outline totally works! It's the third black element. Perfection.

Lisa - papergrace said...

Whoa!! Love how you did this! Very creative with the use of the traditional die and the digital die. Way beyond cool. :)

Lucy Newton said...

Gorgeous Lisa!!!

debby4000 said...

Love the always in the heart, brilliant card Lisa

MS said...

That is so cool how you did that! Gorgeous!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I LOVE the way you used the die !! what a brilliant idea ,, totally AWESOME :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous CAS card Lisa!! LOVE it!!

hugs....

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fabulous card, Lisa! Love the design and bold colors!

S`andra V. said...

Awesome technique...Love the way it pops. Great card!!! Thanks for sharing...Oh Thank you stopping by my blog ... and reminding me to link.
happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~~Sandra V.
http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

Kelly Latevola said...

Super love this! I bet your hubby did too

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow