2.13.2013

simon says... joy's photo inspiration (white on white)

Hello, stampers! Time for another challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog...


This week, we have a fabulous photo inspiration board, created by the ever-inspiring Joy Taylor. And the theme of the board is "White on White"... take a look!


Fabulous, right? The team was also asked to use Cuttlebug products on your projects as well. If you have Cuttlebug items, we'd certainly love to see them featured on your creations, too. But if not, no sweat... you can still enter. :) Personally, I took inspiration from two photos in the collage...


...and here's what I came up with:


I was inspired by the flowery branches in the top right, so I used my Forest Branches embossing folder. I was also inspired by the diecut '5', as well as the color of the text in the middle left photo. So, I cut away a section of the embossed and matted area, and stamped the sentiment there (directly on to the card base) with Hero's Wet Cement ink. These white-on-white cards are a bear to photograph! I had to play around with lighting for a while to get some shadows for contrast and definition, without the card looking too dark. Still had to do a ton of post processing. My hat's off to the girls who make it look effortless!

Anyway, it's your turn! Use Joy's photo board as your inspiration while creating, and link up your project HERE by 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 20th), and you'll be in the drawing for a very generous gift voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp!


And please be sure to go HERE to see what my fellow team members have also done for this challenge. It's a gorgeous white-out, I tell ya! :)

Thank you for reading, today. See you soon!






13 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

WOAH, very serene!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) I just love the CAS design and texture ,, gorgeous :-)

I think most of us struggled with photography this week :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Barb said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration board, Lisa! Love it! :)

Jo Nevill said...

Beautiful CAS card Lisa. Love the embossing folder you used.

Hugs

Jo x

Lin said...

A beautiful design, Lisa; again, your style shines through!

Jingle said...

Oh, for the love of gorgeous and striking simplicity! This is fabulous!

Heather said...

I love your brilliant CAS card Lisa, fabulous Forest Branches folder.
I do wish I could success CAS - I always clutter up a card - lessons please!!!

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Love this, Lisa! I like how you broke up the embossed piece with the sentiment!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your CAS design for this card...so pretty!

donna mikasa said...

Simply gorgeous, Lisa!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card Lisa!! Love how you placed the sentiment through the embossing!! So creative!

Happy Valentine's Day

hugs...
Melissa

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card Lisa.
luv
Debby

MS said...

completely breathtaking, Lisa. Really elegant! Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow