2.18.2013

it's a lovefest over at splitcoast stampers

Hello, friends! I have a special post for you today. Splitcoast Stampers is currently having an event called LoveFest (from Feb. 14-28), and as a participating member company of Splitcoast, today is Simon Says Stamp's day to celebrate!



We get to host a challenge, and our theme for the challenge is Die Crazy, and here's my card:

I used Simon's Delicate Dahlia die, which is just so intricate, I absolutely love it. I cut it out of red card stock. The Sakura Quickie glue pen works perfectly for adhering this detailed of a diecut. I accented the dahlias with an image from Hero Arts' Many Dots clear stamp set, and the sentiment is from the new Thanks a Bunch sentiment set. If you look closely, you can see the striped background, stamped with the new Pinstripe cling stamp and tone-on-tone ink (Hero Arts Soft Sand shadow ink). A sprinkling of red pearls, and it's ready to go! :)

So what are you going to make? :) Head on over to Splitcoast, and check out the main LoveFest thread HERE, which lists all of the challenges. To play along in Simon's challenge, create your project using at least one die, upload to the Splitcoast gallery, and tag it with the keyword LOVEFEST2013E. Then, post to THIS thread and include the link to your card in the gallery. You have until noon central time on Feb. 28 to enter, and of course, there will be prizes! Two randomly drawn winners will each receive a $25 gift certificate!

Hope to see you over there... thanks for reading! :)





5 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Wow, I love this. I have these two dies, unloved, in my "you can't put it away until you use it" pile. COME ON, WEEKEND! I feel a CASE coming on. :)

MS said...

oh my word! gorgeous! that die is too delicate for me but I'm always amazed at how beautiful it is. And the perfectly sprinkled pearls *sigh* gorgeous!

Kelly Latevola said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! I'm waiting for my pinstripe to come in the mail, I can't wait to get my hands on it :)

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!

maria f. said...

Beautiful design and gorgeous colors. Love the pearls too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow