2.20.2013

simon says... use an arrow

Howdy, friends! Time for another challenge at Simon Says Stamp!


The theme this week is to use an arrow... super fun, as arrows are all the rage right now. The DT was asked to use Basic Grey products on our projects... also super fun! Who doesn't love Basic Grey?! :) If you have any in your stash, please show us, as we'd love to see it used! But it's not required to participate in the challenge. Anyway, on to my card:

For my Basic Grey, I used a strip of paper from my Serenade 6x6 paper pack. I think this collection is my all time favorite from them... the colors, the patterns... everything about it just makes me *swoon*. I'm hoarding it, so I only used a strip of it here, heehee. ;) As for my arrow, I used one from this multi-pack right HERE. Lots of shapes and sizes, in three different colors of chipboard - it's perfect! I deliberately used the arrow (in conjunction with the sentiment) to draw the recipient to the inside of the card, like this:

 This is what the card actually looks like closed (it's just difficult for me to photograph it correctly with it standing up). Hero Arts' note cards are white on the inside, so I can vertically cut off about an inch of the front of the card, add my strips of paper along the edge, and then adhere the arrow so it hangs over the edge just a little bit... pointing to the inside and drawing the recipient in. All while the white inside coordinates perfectly with my color palette on the outside. It's fun... my kids loved it. :)

And now it's your turn: create your project using an arrow, and upload it HERE before 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 27th). And you'll be in the random drawing for a very generous gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp online store!


And if you go HERE, you'll get to see what my amazing teammates did... A hint: I'm not the only one who loves the Serenade collection! ;)


And don't forget: The fabulous Love Fest Event is still going on over at Splitcoast Stampers Website! We're proud to be a Company Member and Simon Says Stamp is hosting Day 5 with a Die Crazy Challenge! If you would like to join in then please hop on over to the SCS site for more details, and to visit the Simon Says Stamp Company Forum CLICK HERE.


Thanks for reading today... see you soon!





13 comments:

Jingle said...

This is very cute! Love the border!

Sue McRae said...

What a fab design with that BG paper and big arrow!

Lin said...

Love these papers and what you did with them, Lisa - great design!

Lorraine A said...

I LOVE this card Lisa :-) such a fun design ,, the colours and the arrow are FAB :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. I love the Hero Arts card you used and the BG papers to go with it, fabulous !

Hugs

Jo x

Heather said...

A stunning card Lisa, a fabulous design and those BG papers are stunning - onto my wish list it will go!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Marlou McAlees said...

love your card ... fab!! :) :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your design Lisa! Love ALL BG paper and that arrow is so adorable. Great card!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! I love the colors and the layout :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Stephanie said...

Love everything about this card Lisa!!
Such a great design and the colours are perfect! ;-)

Glenda J said...

Oh my gosh! This is amazing!!! Perfect in every way!

Melissa Bove said...

Such an amazing card Lisa!! Love the fabulous design!! Very cool!

hugs...

MS said...

So fun! I love the papers and how you did the arrow

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow