2.27.2013

simon says... anything goes!

Good morning, friends! It's Simon Says Stamp challenge time! :)


The theme this week? Anything Goes! Always a big hit. :) As well, the DT used Tim Holtz goodies on our creations. So if you have any Tim Holtz products (who doesn't?!), then please show us - we'd love to see you use them, too! But if not, it's aaallllll right... you can still participate in the challenge! :)

Anyway, on to my card:

I used some of my favorite Distress Ink colors (Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, and Peeled  Paint), and randomly smooshed (totally a word) the ink pads directly on to my Craft Sheet. I then misted them with water, and placed a piece of glossy card stock glossy side down on to the pooled ink. Lift up, and you have this gorgeous marble effect! I gave it a quick blast with my heat tool (shorten drying time) and matted it on to Chipped Sapphire-inked card stock. I used the dotted image from the Psychedelic Grunge stamp set and stamped with plain ol' water, resulting in this cool bleached look. My fave Distress Ink technique ever. I use it a lot. :) The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp exclusive set HERE, and was heat embossed. Because of the organic feel of the main panel, I decided to leave some of the stray EP instead of brushing it all away... and I love how it looks! A sprinkling of sparkly gemstones (found HERE and HERE) in graduating sizes mimics the dots in the image.

And now it's your turn! Create a project (anything goes, remember!) and link it up HERE before 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 6th), and you'll be in the drawing for an amazingly generous gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

And please be sure to go HERE to see what the rest of the Design Team has done with Timmy's products! :)

Thank you for reading... be back soon!






19 comments:

Jingle said...

WOW! That is all I can even say to this! Absolutely AMAZING!!!!! This is so beautiful!

Barb said...

Wow - fabulous background, Lisa! Looks amazing! :)

Melissa Bove said...

Absolutely amazing card Lisa!! That background is fabulous!!

hugs...

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) my fave colors and the smooshed effect is gorgeous ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

cheiron said...

WONDERFUL! Love the marble effect...so pretty.

Sue McRae said...

That is one fantabulous background Lisa and love the water stamping.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love that inky background
hugs Mandy xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa!! Such a stunning technique & color combinations!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lin said...

I LOVE the way this turned out, Lisa! A beautiful combination of TH products!

Happy Birthday, my friend - hope your day has been fantastic!

slbt17 said...

great look - thanks for sharing!
Sandra ltb

Heather said...

A beautiful card Lisa - such a brilliant technique and wonderful colours.

hugs
Heather xx

MS said...

Gorgeous inking! I love the look you archived. And I totally googled "smooshed" one time for one of my blog posts! Haha!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! :)

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous Card!
Have a FABULOUS day,
Migdalia

Glenda J said...

This is stunning!!! Absolutely love it. Great colours.

Ella's Design said...

Love your cool background effect, Lisa - will deffo have to try this one! A really great CAS card - a style which I love at the minute! Lisa x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic card...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Words and Pictures said...

Really cool... almost like one of those optical illusions, I keep catching movement in this as I look at it - amazing!
Alison x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

oh wow, this is so beautiful, I love it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow