1.02.2013

simon says... something new

Hi, peeps! Hope your 2013 is off to a great start! :) Time for a new Simon Says Stamp challenge...


..and as always, a generous gift voucher is up for grabs, just for playing along!


The theme this week is Something New, to coincide with the new year! :) So maybe a "New Job", "New Home", "New Baby" card... OR, a card with something new used on it! Mine kinda qualifies on both accounts:


I used a set that I bought recently but haven't inked up yet (so it was new to me).. the Damask Doilies set from Wplus9. So pretty and versatile! And I used the "Congratulations" sentiment on it, so I'm thinking it could be a, "Congratulations.. on your NEW job!" Or, "Congratulations.. on your NEW home!" card... whaddya think? ;)

Anyway, I used Hero's Punch chalk ink to ink up the largest doily, stamped off on a piece of scrap paper first, and then stamped on my panel with the ink that was left to get a lighter shade of the same color (generation stamping). I then inked and stamped a smaller doily on top of the larger one without stamping off first. I love how it almost looks like the doilies were made so that they could be used overlapped like this! The center is finished off with a gem-embellished button. Yes, I realize that this card is frighteningly similar to my last card... I think my mojo packed up and left with the Christmas holiday, haha!

So, make your Something New project, link it up HERE by 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 9th), and you could win that awesome voucher to spend at the store!


And don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT has made for the challenge... just go HERE!

That's it from me today.. thanks for reading! See you soon. :)





15 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I love that doily stamp!! So pretty!!

hugs...

Barb said...

Gorgeous stamping, Lisa! Love the black, white and red combo!

Sue McRae said...

I always love your cards that are done in this colour combo Lisa and the generation stamping looks wonderful!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love the way you stamped the doilies, so pretty and the CAS design is FAB :-)

luv
Lols x x x

LauraJane:) said...

DREAMING of doilies!
Love teh shades of red:)

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Lisa, a stunning design and colours - your stamped doily is sensational!!

hugs
Heather xx

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Lisa (and I love how we were both on the doily wave-length together this week!) Happy New Year!

MS said...

Ha, if this is you with low mojo then DANG girl! You've got real talent! I wish I could make something that crisp and stunning on a high day! Gorgeous!

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic, eye-catching card - love the elegant design and gorgeous doily stamps!
Alison x

Jingle said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! I love the layered stamping!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful card, Lisa!! I love the two toned stamped image and the jewels in the button holes :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Glenda J said...

So striking and classy. My favourite colour combo! So happy to be playing along with you this month!

Heidi Crowl said...

Lisa,
The clean and simple style of this card is so perfectly you! Your work is always so clean and crisp - this is no exception! Thanks for sharing your art with us :)

Heidi

Nicola said...

Stunning creation Lisa, love the stamps you used and the gorgeous colour combo. -x-

Nancy S said...

I love this card! So elegant and clean.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow