1.09.2013

simon says... black & white + a splash of color

Hi, friends! One week of the new year down... hope 2013 is going well for you so far! :) Today is Wednesday, so it's time for another challenge over at Simon Says Stamp...


...where a $50 gift certificate is waiting for one lucky challenge participant!


So this week's theme is Black & White with a Splash of Color. Looove this challenge! The team used products from C.C. Designs (really cute stamps!), so if you have any, we'd love to see you use them, too! But as always, it's not required. :) And now for my card:


I used the Many Thanks Sentiments set seen HERE. C.C. Designs stamps come unmounted, so this set arrived as one sheet, meant to be cut apart into individual sentiments. However, I decided to do something a little different, and used it like a word collage/background-type image by leaving the sheet in tact! :) I inked it up with pigment ink, stamped, heat embossed with some white embossing powder, then went over random words with a green Copic marker. I thought it looked really fun. :) And I know at some point I'll cut them up to use individually, but I kinda like having this option for now. ;) This set is already an exceptional value, but I feel like I got just a little bit more from it using it this way! :D

So now it's your turn! Link up your black & white project with that little pop of color right HERE, before 8am EST US next Wednesday (that's the 16th), and you could win that generous shopping spree to the SSS store!


And please go HERE to see what my fellow DT members have made, too... gaw-jussss! :D

Thanks for reading today... see you soon! ♥





17 comments:

Barb said...

This is so cool, Lisa! Love that splash of bright green! :)

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE that you chose GREEN..my FAV.. as your splash of color!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) I LOVE how you used the stamp set ! what a brilliant idea and I love the green too ,,this is a stunner ! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, the green is really striking against the black and white
Lindsay xx

Lin said...

what a fabulous take on the challenge, Lisa!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Love the pop of green, Lisa! The sentiments are perfect! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kelly Latevola said...

um you're amazing. that is all :)

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant Lisa.
luv
Debby

Jo Nevill said...

Love the way you have used the stamp sheet, fantastic idea ! Love your card.

Hugs

Jo x

Heather said...

Stunning Lisa, I love you have picked up the fabulous sentiment with the brilliant green!!

hugs
Heather xx

Jingle said...

What a neat design! I really love how you did this! Great card!

Jingle said...

What a neat design! I really love how you did this! Great card!

MS said...

So pretty! I like how it reads chalkboard but CAS with no smudges :)

Melissa Bove said...

Amazing card Lisa!! I LOVE this!!! So cute!

hugs...

Anonymous said...

I really like that splash of colour,elegant yet simple!

Unknown said...

your card design is stunning, perfect for the theme! You have me wanting that stamp so I can make this myself!

Migdalia said...

Simply Beautiful!!
Migdalia

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow