1.16.2013

simon says... use washi tape!

Hello, hello! Time again for another Simon Says Stamp challenge over at the blog-o!




And as always, there's a very generous gift voucher just waiting for one lucky participant!




This week's theme? Use washi tape! And here's my card:




Admittedly, I don't have a lot of washi tape. It's difficult for me to use, so this challenge was definitely a challenge! I just can't seem to do the random, torn look at all. So I went for something more structured. I simply put down strips of tape on to card stock, then cut them into different lengths. Sometimes I put down two strips. I originally wanted to do this with one of my patterned tapes, but the only ones I have are very symmetric patterns... stripes, polka dots, etc. And believe it or not, they were much more difficult to line up and cut evenly to look symmetrical! So for something like this, a more free-form pattern would be best, like a floral maybe. This tape is from Freckled Fawn (found HERE) and is almost a perfect half inch in width, making it super easy to to cut into perfect increments. Anyway, I put some of the squares up on pop dots for interest:




And now it's your turn. :) Make your project using washi tape and upload it HERE by 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 23rd), and you'll be in the drawing for that awesome gift voucher! And don't forget to swing by HERE to see what the rest of the SSS challenge DT has done with their washi tape... awesome! :)

Thanks for reading... see you very soon!






15 comments:

Barb said...

You are so clever, Lisa! What a fun way to use the washi! Love this!

Jingle said...

Awesome use of tape! This is fabulous!

Lin said...

So innovative, Lisa - you get an A+!! Love how you looked at this challenge!

LauraJane:) said...

Great idea popping some washi suares up! It looks wonderful:)

Nancy S said...

What a great card! I'm definitely gonna try this.

Marlena M. said...

I am so impressed with your STRAIGHT STRAIGHT lines and placement. WOW!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) I love how we all used the tape in different ways and this geometric modern design is fabulous ! :-)


luv
Lols x x x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Funky and fun pattern, Lisa! I love it!! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

MS said...

Wow, Lisa, wow! You make washi tape CAS and graphic and so gorgeous! You are so talented. And so straight! LOL

Glenda J said...

So striking! Love it! What an amazing design.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fabulous graphic card, Lisa! I love how you used the washi tape to match your own style and made it work for you with amazing results!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant Lisa and I love it.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't get one with Washi, I have it stuck everywhere, including the cat!!
I do love geometrical design and the fabulous sentiment and gems!!

hugs
Heather xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love that Washi tape card!

Kelly Latevola said...

Holy smokes this is amazing! It's been too long since I stalked you xoxo

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow