3.20.2013

simon says... easter/spring!

Howdy, friends! Once again, it's challenge time over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! :)


Play along with us, and you could randomly win a very generous gift voucher to spend in the Simon Says Stamp superstore... YAY!


This week's theme is Easter and Spring. And this week's product line highlight is Memory Box. Love, LOVE Memory Box! If you have any of their products in your stash, we'd love to see you use it, too! But if not, no worries.. you can still play along. :)

And now for my card...
 

I have to say... I LOVE how this came out! I had this idea in my head for almost two days before I was able to finally get in my craft room, and I'm SO glad I was able to execute it exactly how I saw it in my mind's eye! :D For the background, I used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink... smeared the inkpad on to my Ranger craft sheet, gave it a spritz of water, and then using an old toothbrush, picked up some of the solution and flicked it on to my Hero Arts Shallows card stock. I was going for a speckled, robin's egg look... what do you think? :) The bird is the Nesteled Bird die, and the nest is actually the Grapevine Wreath! I just cut it apart in a few places and layered the pieces! The sentiment is an oldie-but-goodie from Hero Arts All Occasion Messages. This set has a permanent spot on my desk... so versatile.

The card was obviously inspired by the birds that lay their eggs in the spring. I live in a very rural area with a lot of trees and dozens of bird species, so we always have a handful of nests on/around our property. Just the other day, I saw a House Finch couple, scoping out an old Barn Swallow nest from last year on my back porch. Nest building/poaching goes on for a week or two and is always the first sign that spring is definitely on the way. Well, that and the allergies, LOL. Boo on that. But I do love the birds. :) 

So now it's your turn! Create your spring-y/Easter-themed project, and upload it HERE by 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 27th). You could win that awesome gift voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp! :)



And please be sure to go HERE to see what my amazing teammates did for this challenge... seriously inspiring!

That's all from me today... thanks for reading. See you soon!





20 comments:

Barb said...

Who needs sprays when you've got an old toothbrush?! LOVE the way this turned out, Lisa - beautiful card!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) the background really does look like a speckled egg and I LOVE how you made the nest ,,, have been admiring this for days ,, so clever and absolutely stunning :-)

luv
Lols x x x

LauraJane:) said...

STUNNING card Lisa! Fabulous job with the splatter. The nest is perfect too:) Love it when what is in your mind works out on paper:)))

Melissa Bove said...

So beautiful Lisa! Love how you made the nest!! So cute!

hugs...

Lin said...

Once again, Lisa, I adore this card - love that you used a "robin's egg" blue for your background!

~**Dawn**~ said...

The colors of that card are very similar to the color palette we've chosen for our master bedroom!

Ruth G said...

As soon as I saw your card I thought of a robin's egg! Love, love, love it!!!! The colors are perfect and it's just the thing to make me feel better about the spring temps that have yet to arrive in my neighborhood! TFS! Pinning!

Sue McRae said...

This is such a fabulous design Lisa! Love the speckled background and your wreath nest is so creative!

Heather said...

Ohhh!!! I love this - your background is superb and I love this little nest you'be been created for that sweet little bird - inspired!!!

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! I love the nest & bird with the robin's egg paper!! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kim S said...

I looked twice at your card trying to figure out why I didn't own that nest die...but it's a wreath...and I already own it!!! Thank you for the fabulous idea!

gardener said...

Spot on for making it look like robin's egg. That's what I thought the second I saw the card. Lovely card.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Jo Nevill said...

Super card Lisa. I love your background paper you made and your little bird is fabulous.

Hugs

Jo x

Latrice said...

LOVE this!!!!

Kelly Booth said...

YOU are AMAZING!!! That's All....xoxoxoxo

Stephanie said...

Wow!!
I love love love this card Lisa!!!

Emily Keaton said...

So lovely and clean! I love the colors you used :)

jodpea said...

I think it is a perfect Robins egg, well done

Lyndal said...

FAB, FAB, FABulous card Lisa - just perfect :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow