3.13.2013

simon says... choose a sketch!

Hi, friends! Time for another challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! :)


This week's challenge is a sketch challenge. Always fun, seeing as how there are many many different ways to interpret them. Here are the choices:

Sketch #1


 
Sketch #2


And as for product, the team used Art Impressions. If YOU have any stamps from this line, we'd love to see them used... but it's not mandatory for participation in the challenge. :) Anyway, I used sketch #1, and a fun sentiment from the Art Impressions line, and here's what I came up with:


Both sketches were a challenge for me because of the layers. I ended up going with sketch #1, and obviously my design is a verrrry loose interpretation. ;) I used this fun (and very true!) sentiment stamp found HERE. I also used EGGSHELL and SHALLOWS Layering Papers from Hero Arts, and patterned paper from Basic Grey's  PB & J 6x6 paper pad. The cup was made entirely from my nesting circle dies and a couple of punches! I didn't think about it until just now, but I forgot to photograph the inside, where I included a gift card to your local coffee shop... just in case anyone was wondering about the actual purpose of the card. Hee! ;)

Alrighty, it's your turn! Use one of the sketches above to inspire your creation (please include in your post which sketch you were inspired by), and link your project HERE before 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 20th). You could randomly win a generous gift voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp!


And by all means, please go HERE to see what my fellow teamies have made for this challenge! :)

See you soon!






12 comments:

Lin said...

Good morning, Lisa! I was wondering how you made your coffee cup - great idea! Love this sentiment!

maria f. said...

Ha! I'm not a coffee drinker but that sentiment is super.

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) I love how you made the cup ,, very clever and the sentiment is perfect ! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jingle said...

Very cute! And this morning...I felt that power! HA!

Jo Nevill said...

Great card Lisa, so very true that sentiment !

Hugs

Jo x

Heather said...

A fabulous card Lisa, I love how you created the coffee cup and a brilliant sentiment - guess what I am going for how???
hugs
Heather xx

deesdesigns said...

Oh so true - I couldn't agree more! Love the sentiment. I'm having so much fun being part of the Simon Says Stamp team thim month - thanks for having me!Dee

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card Lisa!! Love that cup and the sentiment!! I need a cup right about now!!

hugs...

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Love this sentiment AND the card, Lisa! Great papers and just the right amount of sparkle :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Great card, Lisa! You coffee cup reminds me of the Dutch Delft Blue pottery. :)

Stephanie said...

What a great idea on your coffee cup. Thanks for the peek into how you designed it. I love the sentiment too. Caffeine just makes some days do-able! :)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Lisa.
luv
Debby

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow