8.28.2013

simon says... anything goes!


Thaaaat's right Are you ready to play along? :)


This week's theme is the popular Anything Goes! And the team all used The Greeting Farm products on our creations. If you have any Greeting Farm goodies in your stash, we'd love for you to show us! But it's not a requirement of the challenge.

Anyway, here's my card:


I used the sweet Mini Flutters set, which also includes a die to match, making it a great value! I simply diecut a few butterflies from scrap paper to use as masks, and sponged Distress Inks on to my panel (Spun Sugar and Frayed Burlap). I then removed the masks, and used the stamps in the set to stamp the butterfly images in a fun, random collage style (same inks above, but added Gathered Twigs and Worn Lipstick), overlapping some of the masked areas. A little bit of flicking with some ink and an old toothbrush and some pearls add texture, while the sentiment is this one from My Favorite Things.

Alrighty - your turn! Upload your project HERE before 8am EDT Wednesday September 4th, and you'll be included in the random drawing to possibly win a very generous gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store, provided by the ever-generous Heidi and the gang. :)


That's it from me today... be back soon with something from Simon's September '13 card kit! And who could forget about STAMPtember®... it's just a few days away! ;)  xx






12 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, Lisa! What a gorgeous way to use that butterfly set! LOVE the colors - beautifully done!

Lin said...

Love what you did with this set, Lisa!

Laura Sterckx said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! I love the fun colors! The butterflies look very pretty! xoxo

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, I love your stamping and inking to create the beautiful butterflies!!

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous technique, Lisa! I love the colors you picked on kraft too..lovely!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love how you used the stamps and die ,,, so very pretty ,,,,, LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Melissa Bove said...

This is fabulous Lisa!! Just stunning!!

hugs...

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very beautiful card Lisa, the colours and the stamping are fantastic.

Love
Maarit

Cheryl said...

What a cool idea to use a butterfly mask like this, and I love all the randomly placed pearls!

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful! I hope who ever gets this card ....everything will be ok! Beautiful. sentiment

downrightcrafty said...

great card
Hugs Kate xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow