8.21.2013

simon says... back 2 school



That's right! And this week's theme is Back 2 School! 


 The DT used products from Maya Road on our creations, so if you have any Maya Rd. in your stash, please use it along with us! However, it's not a requirement for anyone to participate in the challenge. :)

So here's my card:


An encouragement card for one of my kids, with my version of the chalkboard technique. :) I used Maya Rd.'s LISA LOWERCASE ALPHABET chipboard letters... how could I not? ;) They were painted with acrylic paint. The rest of the sentiment is from Simon's Exclusive YOU set, and was heat embossed. The background is Hero Arts' NOTEBOOK Cling stamp, and the chalkboard was made with the DESIGNER WOODGRAIN stamp. I also used Studio Calico's TINY STARS Wood Veneers, and colored them with a permanent red ink.

Now it's your turn! Upload your Back 2 School project HERE by 8am ET August 28th, and you'll be entered into a the weekly drawing for a very generous gift voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp, provided by the sweet Heidi and gang!


And be sure to head HERE to see what the rest of the team did... :D

Thanks for reading... see ya soon!






8 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

Very fun card, Lisa! I love the chalkboard look! :)

Lin said...

Wish I had my own set of letters named after me :))) As always, a real standout, Lisa!

Heather said...

A stunning card Lisa, wonderful colours and details with so much impact!!

hugs
Heather xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous and so clever.
luv
Debby

Melissa Bove said...

Fab card Lisa!!!

hugs...

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) of course you HAD to use those letters ! they were made for YOU :-) the colours and whole design is perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) of course you HAD to use those letters ! they were made for YOU :-) the colours and whole design is perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kelly Latevola said...

They were YOUR letters, how could you not is right! Fabulous card Lisa! I'm sure it brightened your child's big time :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow