5.17.2012

a card a day in may - 5/17: IN MY PRAYERS

Hello, friends! Time once again for my ACADIM post. :) I've got a vivid one for you today...


I've had this Memory Box stamp for a while now, and it's been ever-so patiently waiting for me to ink it up. Being a solid, reverse-silhouette image, of course I had to do some sponging with clear embossing over the top! ;) I tried to achieve a sunset look... what do you think?

You can see another example and read a brief description of this technique HERE (second card down).

Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments. See you again tomorrow!

SUPPLIES
paper: Stampin' Up (old summer sun, I think?), Georgia Pacific (white), and JoAnn's (black mat)
stamps: Memory Box Reverse Bird & Grass, PTI (sentiment - Lovely Vases)
inks: VersaMark, Ranger Distress (Scattered Straw & Spiced Marmalade) and Vivid (Fuchsia & Plum)
other: sponges, Ranger clear embossing powder, heat tool, Memento marker (black), Hero Arts gemstones and pop dots





7 comments:

Kathy (krolski) said...

So beautiful! Love your sunset look.

Sue McRae said...

Oh, this is my favorite card so far! Love the colours you used for the sunset!

cheiron said...

At the top of my list too! This is fabulous. Love the colors.

LauraJane:) said...

AHHH! LOVELY LISA!

Joy said...

WOW! the colours in this is so stunning, love love love it! hugs!

Tina said...

Oh, hoe amazing. Just love the colors and beautiful panel with birds.

donna mikasa said...

So pretty! Love this technique and the stunning results!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow