5.18.2012

a card a day in may - 5/18: CONGRATULATIONS

Hello again, stampy friends! It's FRIDAY... AGAIN. Where does it go?? I know, I keep asking that. LOL Anyway, another ACADIM post. This one is super simple, taking maybe just ten minutes to do. I'm not sure I'm sold on it... what do you think?


I think since making Jen McGuire's baby card, I've got baby cards on the brain! This particular ric-rac image (another new stamp from Impress) is AWESOME... it's 7 inches long, so it completely covers a card very easily! Not to mention that it would work great on scrapbook pages, too. I thought it might look neat stamped kinda like a plaid baby blanket, so that's what I did. The ink colors are a little softer in real life, I didn't have a lot of time to edit the photo. I'm not sure this is quite what I had pictured in my mind's eye when I started this card, but it's what came out. LOL I made a stampy boo-boo over to the left side, so I needed to cover it up with some ribbon. But, I wanted to still be able to see the ric-rac, so I used sheer ribbon. The sentiment is an OLD one from Hero Arts... like, vintage old. ;) I think it's one of the first clear sets that Hero ever put out! I wish I would've stamped it better... oh well.

Whew! That's a lot of chit-chat about a card that I'm not even sure I like! LOL

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will see you again tomorrow! Thanks for reading. :)

SUPPLIES
paper: Georgia Pacific
stamps: Impress Ric-Rac Border 3134H and Hero Arts CL047
inks: all VersaMagic chalk inks (Aloe Vera, Pink Petunia, Aspen Mist, Thatched Straw, and Spring Pansy)
other: sheer ribbon unknown





6 comments:

Tina said...

Such a sweet card. Love that ric-rac stamp!

cheiron said...

Love this ric-rac stamp! Super fun card, happy colors.

Sue McRae said...

What a fabulous stamp, I actually thought the ric-rac was punched from paper!

I'm enjoying the Impress stamps you've used so far this month, I've put a couple of them on my wish list.

Barb said...

Love that fun stamp, Lisa! Such a sweet card!

I also want to let you know that I CASED one of your beautiful cards and shared it on Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/somecards/7221352014/in/photostream

Happy weekend! :)

judy said...

I love the ric-rac stamp and your fun card!!

donna mikasa said...

Great one layer card--perfect layering of the colorful ric rac! Love the old sentiment stamp, too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow