8.24.2012

more cards from emily :)

Hi, everybody, and happy Friday! :) I'm back with a couple more cards my (7 year old) daughter Emily made for the current Children's Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp!


In case I haven't already told you, Emily is my mini-me when it comes to stamping and paper crafting. She LOVES it. On her first card seen HERE, I let her have free reign in my craft room, using any of my supplies that inspired her. But this time, she decided she wanted to use all of her own supplies:


Don't you love it?! I'm so proud of her. :) She has her own Cricut machine, and cut out some of the hearts all by herself (the other is fussy cut). I love how she chose the sentiment specifically because of the hearts. She pointed it out to me explaining, "See all the hearts? That's why I picked the 'Love to You' stamp!" *SWOON*

 Yeah, I know, I'm a little biased. LOL ;)

For her next card, she decided to do a little dry embossing with her Sizzix SideKick (an old Sizzix machine that only cuts and embosses with smaller dies and embossing folders, like Sizzlits) and did a holiday card:


She added some sparkly snowflake stickers from her stash, along with some glitter glue (much like Stickles), which warped her paper a bit and is terribly difficult to photograph. :/ I just love how she used two shades of green paper!

The Children's Challenge is still going strong, but only until the end of August. Two winners will be randomly drawn from the entries to win this amazing Junior Stamper kit that Heidi has put together:


Isn't it awesome?! You can pick up a kit yourself HERE (it's a fabulous value), or if your kiddos are entering, just go HERE to upload their creations by August 31st. Ages 2-16 are eligible, and they can enter as many times as they like. You can also take a look at some of the other projects that have been submitted... there are so many talented little stampers/paper crafters out there! :)

And don't forget about my give-away on THIS POST. It closes tonight, and there are Hero Arts and Memory Box goodies up for grabs!

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely weekend! And I can't tell you how grateful I am (in advance) for any comments you might leave. I know they mean a LOT to Emily, and to see her face light up as she reads them is priceless for this mama. ♥





12 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Lisa, please tell Emily what a marvelous job she did on both cards! Lucky girl, I don't have a Cricut machine...although my daughters and I all share my Cuttlebug. She is just as talented as her mommy...give her a big high five from me!

donna mikasa said...

Your Emily is a natural born crafter! I love both of her CAS cards--they're very well done! Good luck, Emily!

Tina said...

Dear Emily, you are such a talented cardmaker! I really love the three hearts and sweet sentiment on your first card and your sweet holiday card-I love all the shine on it. I really look forward to see more from you. Hugs from Slovenia!

Tracy Ercole said...

What beautiful cards Emily, you are very talented. I love the hearts on the first card and the dry embossing on the second one looks fantastic. Love the glitter too. x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Emily :-) Both of them are absolutely stunning and I think its wonderful that you have started making Christmas cards already :-)
You have definitely inherited your Mum's talent and to have your own Cricut machine is FAB !! you lucky girl !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Children's Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

LauraJane:) said...

Emily you have your mother's CLEAN and NEAT stlye:)
I like the colors on your dry embossed card..green is my favorite:)
the red looks as if it were a belt around someones waist.
GREAT fussy cutting on the first card, .. the pink stripes make me think of peppermint candy
Isn't it FUN to make cards with your mamma?

Melissa Shea said...

Oh Emily! I can't believe you're only 7!! Think of how happy the person you give the card to will be knowing you hand made them a special one-of-a-kind card! I love that you picked hearts on the first one because the sentiment was about love-smarty pants! And I love the glittery snowflakes on the second!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful cards, Emily! I love the sketches you used and also how well the colors coordinate with the themes! Great job! Thanks for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Jan Hennings said...

Love this!

Marlena M. said...

cute (from Amanda):)

Marlena M. said...

cute:D (from Shelby)

Marlena M. said...

super awesome!!!(from mallory)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow