5.08.2013

simon says... things with wings

Hi, friends! Hope you are well! Time for another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog...



..where one lucky participant will be randomly chosen to receive a generous gift voucher to spend in the Simon Says Stamp super store!


The theme this week is Things With Wings, and the DT all used the wonderful Studio Calico on our creations. If you have Studio Calico items in your stash, use it along with us, we'd love to see it! If not, it's not a requirement of the challenge, so no worries. :)

As for my card...


..I used the BUTTERFLIES CHIP SHAPES on my card, but changed them up a bit by cutting some of the patterned ones in half and mixing and matching different halves together... just shooting for something fun and unexpected. :) I stamped the plain butterflies with my Studio Calico LATTICE BACKGROUND stamp and some STAZON TIMBER BROWN ink. The sentiment is from the HEY DAY SENTIMENTS stamp set.
 
This card has a rather masculine feel in my opinion, even with the butterflies... the color palette, perhaps? I think I'll probably tuck this into hubby's luggage next time he takes one of his business trips... :)
 
So now it's your turn! Create your project featuring Things With Wings, and upload it HERE before 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 15th), and you could win that awesome gift voucher to spend in the store!
 

And don't forget to head on over HERE to see what the rest of the design team has done for this challenge, too... LOVELY!

I'm still recovering from my illness and dental work. It's been a slow(er than normal) and frustrating process... not out of the woods yet. Getting better and healing is my top priority at the moment, but I will have new cards to see soon, as promised. :) Thanks for reading today. xo





11 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

Lovely MOCHA masculine butterflies:)

Jingle said...

Very nice card, Lisa!

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! The neutral colors are so lovely and your CAS design looks awesome!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love how you misxed up the papers on the butterflies and the whole design is fabulous :-) I am sure your hubby would LOVE to find this hidden in his case :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Melissa Bove said...

Super fabulous card Lisa!! Very elegant design!! Love those butterflies!!

hugs...

Lin said...

Very clever, Lisa - I like this design! I didn't realize something like these were available! So glad you shared them with us!

Sue McRae said...

This is a cool design with the mixing of the patterns.

Heather said...

A stunning card Lisa, I love your mixture of beautiful butterflies!!

hugs
Heaather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful CAS card, Lisa! I love the mixture of textures :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Carol McCready said...

Love your card. The butterflies have
such a great texture look.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Love this, Lisa! What a great idea with the butterflies!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow