5.24.2012

a card a day in may - 5/24: YOU'RE SO SPECIAL

Hiya, friends! Time for another ACADIM post. Remember the last card I used this fabulous Impress image on? This one HERE? Well, to get that lighter impression, I had to stamp off on scratch paper first. And I saved those impressions to use on another card later. ;) Guess what.. it's "later"! LOL


Another technique I knew I wanted to do with this image is fussy cut different parts of the image, and layer with foam tape (click to see larger/dimension). LOVE how it turned out! And I got so much positive feedback from the last black card I made, I decided to make another one. What do you think? :)

Well, exactly one week left of my ACADIM series... hard to believe! Sometimes I feel like it's been forever, and other times I feel like it's gone by so fast. LOL Thanks for being there along the way. ♥ See you again tomorrow!

SUPPLIES
paper: Stampin' Up (black), JoAnn's (red), and Georgia Pacific (white)
stamps: Impress #5271G and Hero Arts CL380
inks: Hero Arts (Punch) and Memories (black)
other: Hero Arts black gemstones, WRMK Corner Chomper, and pop dots/foam tape





9 comments:

Barb said...

Gosh, that flower is gorgeous, Lisa! Fabulous dimension, and I love this fun color combo! :)

donna mikasa said...

Black and white with pops of red is so dramatic and very striking! And that is one gorgeous bloom!

Lin said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! That is one beautiful flower!

Pam W Merwin said...

Absolutely gorgeous - love the shade of red and the dimension. I am just finding your blog and about look at the rest of your ACADIM - can't wait :)

Thanks for your sweet post on my blog ~ I think it is so special when bloggers take the time to do that :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Stunning!
Black makes everything pop!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY!
I'm gonna miss ACADIM.
Will there be ACADIJ?
Have a great weekend!

Melissa Shea said...

Beautiful! So bold and stunning! Love that flower and how you popped up layers. This card feels very strong and confident to me :)

Sue McRae said...

That flower is just gorgeous done in red! Love how it pops against the black and white.

Laurel Beard said...

THIS IS GORGEOUS! OH MY!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow