8.15.2012

simon says... animal antics!

Hi, friends! Hope you had a nice weekend. :) I wanted to come back and post a card, but due to some illness earlier last week, I had just gotten too behind on things and was still catching up... life, ya know? ;) Anyway, I'm back today with a card for Simon's new challenge... Animal Antics!


And the animal I used on my card?



Love this little froggie! He was colored with Copics. I have a LOT to learn when it comes to properly shading and blending! But for now, I just tried to mimic what I've seen done online by others. Since he's pretty bold and stands out on his own, I left the rest of the card very simple and clean. And I thought the fun, whimsical feel of the Paper Smooches sentiment would work well with this image... what do you think? :)

Now it's your turn! Link up your animal-themed creations HERE, and you'll be entered into a drawing for a VERY generous gift voucher..


..to the Simon Says Stamp store! Woot! :D


And of course, be sure to head HERE, to see what my fabulous teamies have done! Honestly, these ladies blow me away every week with their creations. I am SO humbled to be on this team! ♥

Thank you for reading today. Be back later this week with another card... and hmmm... maybe a give-away, too! ;) See you soon.

SUPPLIES









16 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

GREAT green frog Lisa! Your coloring looks good...I have so much trouble with the direction of the light when it comes to shading:)
Hope you all stay well.

Jingle said...

This is such a fun, bright, and cheerful card! Too cute!

cheiron said...

Great CAS card. Love this little froggy and hope you are feeling better :)

Judy1223 said...

LIsa, this card (frog and sentiment both) is just adorable!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Super sweet CAS card, Lisa! I love the touch of rounded corners and gem over the "i" in the sentiment and how can you know love that cute little frog?! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lorraine A said...

I just LOVE this card Lisa :-) such a cute little fella and the sentiment and CAS design are perfect :-) fabulous coloring too ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

MS said...

Green with envy here! I'm not sure I've ever made anything green before! It's not so scary now! Adorable frog-with the flower belly! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well :(

Kelly Latevola said...

Ahhh! I love him! He is so perfectly adorable :) I so struggle with monochromatic cards and you make it look like a cake walk! I hope you are feeling better, hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is so fun Lisa! Love that cute little froggy! :)

jintyoo7 said...

So cute - he looks very pleased with himself - perhaps he is delighted with his great colouring :)

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card Lisa!! So very cute!!

hugs...

Tina said...

Lisa, your green froggie card is gorgeous!

Heather said...

A perfection CAS card Lisa, your colouring of the cute Frog is fantastic and sentiment is fabulous.

hugs
Heather xx

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wonderful card, Lisa! The style of the font looks like it was made for the froggie image!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable Lisa and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Lin said...

I loved your take on this challenge, Lisa! He's a cutie!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow