8.22.2012

simon says... back to school

Back again! Time for my project for the new challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog...


..where your participation could win you a generous gift voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp!


The theme this week is Back to School, and the team was asked to use Sizzix products on our creations. Using Sizzix on your project isn't mandatory, but we'd love to see it if you have it! :)

For my card, I used the DOTS embossing folder. And when it came to the theme, I used images that just said "school" to me:


So I used the notebook circle and outline alphabet border images (both from Studio Calico/Hero Arts). When coloring in random letters, I wanted to go for a sketchy/watercolor look, so if they don't look like they were colored in completely, it's deliberate. :) And red... for me, when it comes to school, red is a must... not sure exactly why.

I can't believe schools are starting already! The year is just going by so so fast. We're a homeschooling family, and although we haven't started yet, I am finalizing book and supply orders this week. Our official start date is right around the corner. ;)

So, now it's your turn! Upload your "Back to School" project HERE and you could win a $50 shopping spree to Simon Says Stamp!


And don't forget to go HERE to check out what my amazing teamies did for this challenge, too!

Thanks for reading... I'll be back soon with another card from my daughter, Emily! :)

SUPPLIES:







18 comments:

Lin said...

I don't know why, but the kraft just makes me think "school"....love the bright red and turquoise you added to your cute card!

LauraJane:) said...

I had no idea you were a homeschooling family.
We are too...it has been so hot here that we just kept on working throught the heat.
This "HEATSTART", as I call it, helps me not feel so bad when we get behind later in the HOLIDAY season.
Now your card is BACK to SCHOOL goodness with the notbook circle..
(frankly real school gives me the hives and a tummyache so I try NOT to think about it:)

Jingle said...

SUCH A great card!

Lorraine A said...

ooh, not sure what happened there,, I tried to leave a comment and it didn't work ,,,

I just said ,,,, fabulous card Lisa :-) I love the colours and the cute bottons ,, absolutely gorgeous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful CAS card, Lisa! I love the red embossing and the circle punch of notebook paper is way cool!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Barb said...

I love your style, Lisa! This is such a fun card - love the bright colors!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! Love the colors you used and your fabulous design!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute Lisa! I love those colours you used and the ruled paper. Such a fun card :)

Dixie Cochran said...

I really like this card's design. The elements work so well together. "Many Thanks" for sharing!

donna mikasa said...

love the graphic design--so cool, Lisa!

MS said...

Beautiful! Kraft and red totally speak school to me. I love the notebook circle and alpha. I don't know how families home school. Such discipline and dedication! Good job mom and dad :)

Melissa Bove said...

Amazing card Lisa!! You rocked it girlie!! :) Just fabulous!!

hugs...

Tina said...

Your card is gorgeous, Lisa! Totally love the design, colors and lovely button finish.

Heather said...

This is a fabulous Lisa, your red and Kraft combination is stunning especially with those brilliant details.

hugs
Heather xx

Kelly Latevola said...

Lisa this is totally "back to school" and it's super cute! I love your angled sentiment and those watercolor letters are fabulous :) God bless you for being a home school Mommy, it takes such dedication!

Joy said...

Well another jaw dropping card, you totally ROCKED this card Lisa, love it! hugs!

Anonymous said...

Nice clean card. Thanks.

cheiron said...

Super sweet. Love the red on kraft!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow