9.15.2013

super-sized sunday with the simon says september '13 card kit

Howdy, peeps! Do you like my tongue twister blog post title? :) Finally gotten around to photographing some of the cards I've made with the Simon Says Stamp September '13 card kit, and thought I'd put a bunch into one big blog post for ya.. especially since these all have the same color palette. So, get ready!

The first card is a remake of one I made when I first got the kit, but forgot to photograph before sending it off to someone:


I used the stencil in the kit to carefully cut out a mask from some Eclipse masking paper with my craft knife (as long as your blade is brand-new-sharp and you don't put too much pressure on the stencil as you drag your knife along, you won't cut into the stencil at all). I then used the Colorbox Frost White ink in the kit and sponged it over the mask. Remove the mask, and stamp the sentiment in the resisted area. :)

My next card uses some of the patterned paper, as well as the Studio Calico wood veneers in the kit:


I again used the stencil to cut out a banner, but this time from some of the kraft card stock. I then heat embossed the sentiment before adhering it with pop dots. I also punched out some squares from some of the chalkboard-looking patterned paper as mats for my veneer shapes. :)

And finally:


A real quick and easy one! Just some simple stamping with some Hero Arts inks: Black, Wet Cement, and Soft Sand. They go perfectly with the kraft card stock. :)

Alrighty, that's it from me today.. whew! See you again soon with something from the NEW October '13 card kit! Thanks for reading! :)





1 comment:

Joyce said...

What a fabulous group of cards. It looks like that kit was chock full of good stuff.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow