8.01.2012

simon says... Kristina's inspiration

Hi, friends! Thank you for all the sweet comments left on my last post... my girls have read them all and it means so much to both of them. You should see their faces light up! :) Anyway, it's Wednesday again - time for another challenge over at the Simon Says challenge blog!


This time, it's a lovely color challenge (I took it that way, at least), with the palette provided by the amazing Kristina... and Mannie helped, too... heehee!


AWESOME colors. :) The design team was also asked to use Basic Grey products on our creations, so if you have any Basic Grey, we'd sure love to see it! But of course it's not mandatory. :) Anyway, here's my card:


I stamped and heat embossed the popular flower image from the Pattern Hearts & Flowers stamp set on to a piece of patterned paper from the PB & J 6x6 paper pad... which just happens to be the perfect celery green with light blue polka dots. ;) I then went in with my Unibal Signo and colored in some areas of the flowers. A sentiment, some bling, and it's done! :)

And now it's your turn! Using Kristina's inspiration pic, get creative, and then link up your projects HERE, before 8am EST USA time on August 8th. You'll be in the drawing for a fabulous gift voucher to use at the Simon Says Stamp store!


Heidi and every one at Simon are so kind and generous. Love you guys! :)


Now go check out what my fabulous teamies have done... just go HERE! Thank you for peeking today. I'll be back REAL soon! ;)

SUPPLIES:








17 comments:

Barb said...

Awesome take on that fun photo, Lisa! Beautiful card!

Lin said...

This is probably my favorite tone of green, and I love that there are little blue dots in it, too! Beautiful design, my friend!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love it!

Kelly Latevola said...

Lisa this is simply gorgeous! I adore those angles, and the fact that you could of went pink but chose not too is awesome :) Beautiful card my friend!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Lisa! Fabulous design!

Melissa Shea said...

Love! The black base makes such a strong statement-just gorgeous!

Ren-Yi said...

delicious card. i love how it could pass as tiffany lamp pane.. georgeous heat embossing!

Marcea said...

love the bold colours - great card x

Tina said...

Such a fabulous design, Lisa. Totally love how you cut the stripe with flowers.

Heather said...

Stunning Lisa, that stamp is fabulous and so fantastic with the spotted paper.

hugs
Heather xx

Joy said...

Love your take on the inspiration photo...Stunning use of that stamp, creating a background on that pattern paper just pops...hugs

~amy~ said...

gorgeous...love it.

cheiron said...

Gorgeous card and I love the stamping on the patterned paper. What a bold look!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Really cool card, Lisa! I love the POP of green and the way you laid it out is so cool!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! Love your fabulous design!!

hugs...

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like the clean graphic feel of your card designs. Blessings!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) I love the stamped paper and the white highlights !! absolutely gorgeous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow