5.31.2012

a card a day in may - 5/31: TRULY GRATEFUL

Hi, friends! It's time for my last ACADIM post. Can you believe it... 31 days of cards? from ME?! I have to admit, I'm a little surprised I did it! And a little proud of myself, too. :)


I know this card is a little busy for my style, but as cards often do, it just took on a life of its own. The Hero Arts Leaf and Floral background was inked up with Distress inks and then spritzed with a Perfect Pearl/H2O mixture for some shimmer. I'm sorry it doesn't show up in the photo, but it's so pretty in real life. :) The sentiment panel looked a little stark, so I sponged some Distress ink on it to soften it up a bit.

I can't thank you enough for supporting me through this journey! Even though when I started out I had every intention of giving it 100%, I still wasn't sure I would make it all the way through to the end of the month. Sometimes life gets in the way and ends up altering our best laid plans, KWIM? ;) But thanks to your wonderful comments and encouragement, I did it! So this card is for you... THANK YOU, so very much. Big hugs to each of you! ♥

See you soon...

SUPPLIES
paper: Hero Arts (pool), unknown olive, black, and white
stamps: Hero Arts CG405 and CL569
inks: Ranger Distress (broken china and crushed olive) and Memories (black)
other: Fiskars scalloped border punch, Nestabilities (labels 4), Hero Arts gemstones, and pop dots





12 comments:

Barb said...

You SHOULD be proud of yourself, Lisa! This month has been so fun! I've really enjoyed all your wonderful creativity, and wow - what a way to end your ACADIM! This one is just beautiful - yummy colors and a lovely design! Thank you for a fab month of cards! :)

Linda said...

This is so so beautiful! Just amazing!

Congratulations on getting through a whole month! You did such an awesome job all month!!

Xoxo

Joy said...

Talk about going out with a bang, this card is positively stunning! hugs

LauraJane:) said...

31+ cards of PURE inspiration!
Thank you!
MY FAV....5/22 YOU BRIGHTEN MY DAY

Melissa Shea said...

You should be proud of yourself! I don't think I would have made it 31 days! I've loved seeing so many cards and designs from you. Truly talented you are :) I love the background on this one, totally my style! And you still keep it pretty clean! I think it's perfect :) Happy June!

Lin said...

LOVE this, Lisa, from top to bottom - a great finale to a month of beautiful cards!

Melinda A said...

Great job. I have enjoyed watching your journey through May. The cards have been wonderful. I am sad it has come to an end. Thanks for providing so much inspiration!

donna mikasa said...

Fantastic way to end ACADIM! I love the colors you chose and I know exactly how it looks IRL. Thanks for a great ride and I'm hoping to see more CADs from you! Enjoy your summer!

judy said...

Lovely card! Thanks for all the great inspiration that you provided this month with your beautiful cards!!

Sue McRae said...

Beautiful finale card Lisa, I love this colour combo! I so looked forward in seeing your new card each day, I will miss your daily inspirations!

Kelly Rasmussen said...

gorgeous card, lisa! i'm so proud of you too -- loved seeing a card from you every day! :)

pcm said...

Congrats on accomplishing your goal! I've really enjoyed your daily card inspiration!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow